Adam Dale www.adamdalephotography.co.uk
The Association is a Registered Charity and contributes to Medical Support at Equestrian Events.
- The improvement of medical cover at equestrian events.
- To provide training for members in the management of equestrian accidents.
- Education of the equestrian world and first aid personnel in the hazards of horse riding and the management of equestrian injuries.
- The monitoring and assessment of protective clothing for riders.
- Research into the statistical analysis and prevention of riding accidents.
The Association holds a conference and annual general meeting every autumn.
The MEA has nearly 150 members, mostly professionals who provide medical services at equestrian sporting events. The association welcomes licensed doctors as full members and also includes paramedics and other allied professionals as associate members together with a select group of non-medical honorary members with prominent roles in equestrian sport.